If you have ever looked into cosmetic dentistry, you may know that it gives your smile a whole new look. However, you may not know the different kinds of procedures available at your South Pasadena, CA, dentist. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry, its procedures and what they can do for you with Dr. John Chu and Dr. Mary Lin.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on the look of your teeth rather than repairing them or improving their functionality. Cosmetic dentists specialize in these procedures and making their patients look and feel great. Cosmetic dentists also perform restorative and reparative dental procedures like tooth fillings and root canals.
What cosmetic dentistry procedures do my South Pasadena, CA, dentists offer?
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a fast and effective procedure which lightens the color of your teeth to improve their appearance. The procedure itself lasts about an hour and provides results which could mean boosts to your confidence as well as your smile.
- Crowns and Bridges: Crowns and bridges work together to replace and renew your teeth and turn them into a smile you will love. A crown fits over a weakened tooth to protect it while a bridge replaces a missing tooth. A bridge has a crown on either side to hold it in place, allowing these two dental restorations to work together.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants also replace a missing tooth. However, unlike a dental bridge, implants use the jaw’s bone to stay in place, making them the most permanent and effective form of tooth replacement available.
- Inlays and Onlays: Inlays and onlays help strengthen a decayed tooth. Created in a dental laboratory, inlays and onlays are normally made from porcelain or metal. Rather than molding the filling directly onto the tooth as with composite filings, your dentist will affix the pre-made inlay or onlay into the tooth.
- Veneers: Veneers give your smile a total makeover, changing your teeth’s shape, length, width and color. In just a few simple dental appointments, veneers’ flexibility allow you to completely change your smile’s appearance or to subtly tweak just a few bothersome teeth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. John Chu and Dr. Mary Lin. Call (626) 799-0852 to schedule your appointment today!